Seventh Pledging Conference
On 1 March 2022, Colombia as President of the Convention, held the Seventh Pledging Conference, aiming to commit resources to the ISU 2022 work plan, the Convention's Sponsorship Programme and costs of the Meetings of the States Parties.
The Conference was chaired by the President of the Twentieth Meeting of the States Parties H.E. Alicia Arango Olmos, Permanent Representative of Colombia to the UN Geneva. A keynote address was delivered via video by H.E. Marta Lucía Ramírez, Vice President and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Colombia.
Other high-level delegates included the State Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan H.E. WASHIO Eiichiro, and the Special Envoy for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation of the European Union H.E. Marjolijn van Deelen.
A total of 32 delegations attended the Conference, including 25 States Parties, 1 State not party, and 6 international and non-governmental organisations.
The following States Parties and Organisations presented pledges and/or statements,
- Australia as Coordinator of the Sponsorship Programme, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, and Turkey.
European Union, the Geneva Centre for Humanitarian Demining, the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, and the International Committee of the Red Cross.
Pledges and Statements
- 7PC Austria1 March 2022English
- 7PC Belgium1 March 2022English
- 7PC Canada Déclaration 1 March 2022Français
- 7PC Canada en1 March 2022English
- 7PC European Union1 March 2022English
- 7PC GICHD1 March 2022English
- 7PC Humanity and Inclusion1 March 2022English
- 7PC ICBL1 March 2022English
- 7PC Italy1 March 2022English
- 7PC Japan transcript1 March 2022English
- 7PC Turkey1 March 2022English